Monday, January 4, 2021

Birthdays

Little Jaleesa isn't so little any more! She is a teenager now and growing up way too fast. The boys are starting to take notice. Reese and I aren't happy about it, but such is life, I suppose. She is doing well though. She's a straight A student and is even considering college. Thankfully, we'd qualify for loans for that.

Bret is growing like a bad weed. He's in grade school now and unlike his sister, he has to be told to do his homework, but when he does it he does it well. He reminds me of his father in that regard which admittedly makes me slightly nervous, but all in all Reese turned out pretty well himself. He's a hard worker and a good provider. I think he still takes pills now and then and I don't believe for a moment those are ferns he has growing in the corner of the backyard, but I'm not asking any questions.

I've landed a job as a policeman and I'm loving it. I enjoy helping others and protecting them. And I look pretty dapper in the uniform if I do say so myself!

I have more aches and pains these days and my heart still aches for Fred especially as the children grow and enter each phase of life. I have to say though, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Minus One

The day Ryland turned 13, he was sent back to his parents. Although the social worker couldn't give us details, she assured us that ther...