Monday, January 4, 2021

I Have A Grandson!

Bret Alan Steinberg was born yesterday! He and his mommy are both doing well. She's even back to work already. I had my birthday today and it feels like I've grown old overnight. I'm moving much slower (and with more pain) than I used to. I get to spend a lot of time with my new grandson though so that helps take my mind off things.

We were able to move into a bigger house. It has four bedrooms and two and a half baths so we all have our own rooms and much more space. We had to sell all our old furniture and replace it with cheaper things to be able to afford to move, but we did it! In time we'll be able to upgrade to nicer more comfortable things so it will all be worth it in the end. It's certainly nice to not be tripping over one another.

I'm enjoying everyone being here very much. My only regret is that Fred isn't here to enjoy it with me. He would've loved all the activity created by having little ones in the house. I keep his urn in the main room of the house and think of him often. The only relief to my pain is knowing that I'll be with him again one day. Reese has tried talking me into dating or at least going out and meeting someone, but I just don't have it in me. I'd rather just enjoy my time with my family and wait to see Fred again when my time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Minus One

The day Ryland turned 13, he was sent back to his parents. Although the social worker couldn't give us details, she assured us that ther...