Sunday, January 10, 2021

Jaleesa's all grown up now! We just celebrated her birthday yesterday and she's moving to her own place already today. She's a very talented girl...young woman...who learns very quickly so I'm not worried about her at all.

We celebrated my birthday yesterday too and while I can't exactly consider myself young any more, I don't really feel old either. That is until I start thinking about Bret growing up, anyway. He's a teenager as of today and already rolling his eyes at every little thing.

Tomorrow is Sofia's birthday. She swears she's already seeing lines and wrinkles on her face, but I assured her that won't happen until after her birthday.

Something else happened too. Something I'm not proud of, but in the spirit of keeping this journal honest the way my dad intended, I decided to write about it. A couple days ago, after taking some pills, I slept with Sofia's sister. Sofia doesn't know so we're still okay, but I feel terrible. I'm debating if I should tell her or not. If I tell her though, would I truly be doing it because it's the right thing to do or would it be to ease my conscience? It wouldn't be fair to do it if it's just to ease my conscience. I need to really think hard about this and take a good, deep, hard look at myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Minus One

The day Ryland turned 13, he was sent back to his parents. Although the social worker couldn't give us details, she assured us that ther...